Last updated on 12/06/2013.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Codility Ltd. Our registered office is at 9th Floor, 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom EC2V 6DN. Our company registration number is 08372083.
1. Information We May Collect
We collect the categories of information set out in sections a. to e. below when you use the Service.
a. Information we collect directly from you:
- We collect information from you when you submit information to us or the Service. The following are examples of when we may collect information directly from you:
- Account and test access information such as name, email address, telephone number, work and educational information, details about your professional interests, professional experience and your academic title
- If you submit your CV, we will store any personal data not listed above that you include on your CV.
- When you fill in and submit forms on the Service, including forms submitted at the time of registering to use our Service, conducting assessments, reporting a problem with the Service or requesting further information from us.
- When you contact us via online submission, telephone, electronic mail or regular mail, we maykeep a record of that correspondence.
- When you complete surveys via the Service.
- When you post comments or opinions to us on the Service or third party website where we have a profile or presence (e.g. on our Facebook page).
b. Information from the organisation that creates your profile on the Service
If you are provided with login details to access the Service through an organisation’s account, that organisation may provide us with details to create a profile for you on the Service. This can include information such as your name, job title, work telephone number and email address.
c. Information about how you use the Service
We collect data about how you use the Service such the time you access the Service and duration you are on it, the site you come to the Service from or go to after leaving the Service, selections and choices you make and preferences that you set when using the Service as well as any data you input while conducting any assessment on the Service.
d. Information about how you connect to the Service
We collect data about the computer or other electronic device (“device”) you use to connect to the Service such as details about the type of device (which can include unique device identifying numbers), its operating system, browser and applications connected to the Service through the device, your Internet service provider or mobile network, your IP address and your devices telephone number (if it has one).
e. Information about your actual location
We do not collect information about your actual location, other than an approximate location (usually no more precise than city level) which can be determined from your IP address.
3. Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on a third party's secure servers providing data hosting services to us under our control or on computers of Codility Ltd or computers of our subidiary Codility Polska Sp., z.o.o.. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Service, you are solely responsible for keeping this password confidential. If the password has been stolen or might otherwise be subject to misuse, it is your responsibility to notify us immediately for further action.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
4. Uses Made of the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect in the following ways:
- To manage your account and provide you with the features of the Service, validate and keep your personal information accurate. We will use information we collect directly from you for this purpose.
- To ensure that content from the Service is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device and to display content and features that are tailored to you, your interests and how you use the Service. We will use information we collect directly from you, information about how you use the Service and information about how you connect to the Service for this purpose.
- To provide you with information about products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you (in accordance with your marketing preferences). We will use information we collect directly from you for this purpose.
- To determine and predict information that may be of interest or relevant to you. We will use information we collect directly from you, information about how you use the Service and information about how you connect to the Service for this purpose.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us, such as allowing our employer clients to evaluate any test you have taken. We will use information we collect directly from you, information about how you use the Service and information about how you connect to the Service for this purpose.
- To notify you about changes to the Service and address complaints, comments and issues you have in relation to your use of the Service. We will use information we collect directly from you for this purpose.
- To prevent, detect and investigate illegal activities, breaches of any agreements entered into between you and us and threats to the security of the Service. We will use information we collect directly from you, information about how you use the Service and information about how you connect to the Service for this purpose.
- To produce aggregate statistical information and analytics about users of and their submissions to the Service from which individuals cannot be identified.
5. Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Who provide a service to us. These third parties will only be allowed to use your personal information in accordance with our instructions and will be required to keep your information secure.
- In the event that we sell or buy or transfer any business or assets (in part or whole), in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller, buyer or recipient of such business or assets.
- In order to respond to a subpoena, court order or other legal duty or obligation (including without limitations requests or demands from law enforcement and government authorities and regulators).
- In order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual prohibited activities, including but not limited to, fraud and situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person or to prevent financial loss to any person or entity, including Codility Ltd, its customers, clients, and other parties.
- In order to enforce or apply any agreement we have with you.
- Business partners who offer a service to you jointly with us. For example, this includes the employer clients of ours whose assessments you have undertaken.
6. Your Marketing Rights
You have the right to ask us not to process the personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at support(at)codility.com.
The Service may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our employer partners, partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
7. Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.