Terms of Service (en)
Codility Client Terms of Service
(1) "Codility" means a website and service operated by Codility Ltd. "We" (or "us") means Codility Ltd. "You" means any person or organization accessing Codility. "Candidate" means any person that logs into Codility to take a test to benefit you.
(2) You agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in this document.
(3) You may not modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of Codility, or use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of Codility.
(4) You may not reformat, frame, resell or abuse any portion of Codility.
(4a) You may use paid Codility services only for the benefit of the purchaser of the service. No reselling.
(4b) One test is good for testing one Candidate only. No sharing of one test between multiple Candidates.
(5) You may not use Codility in any manner that could damage, disable or impair its services.
(6) You may not use Codility unless you take all necessary steps to transfer to us all rights to all content (including, but not limited to, testcases and source code) entered into Codility by you and Candidates. If any content entered by Candidates into Codility is subject to copyright, patent law or any other intellectual property law, you are responsible to arrange the rights transfer with Candidates.
(7) You may not use the Codility for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data that you or Candidates deposit in Codility. In particular, if you choose to use Codility to store Candidates' personal information and if you or Candidate are located in jurisdiction that requires Candidates' consent to store their personal information, you shall obtain the prospective Candidates' consent before issuing passcode to them.
(8) You are solely responsible for any claims that anybody may have due to the fact that you use Codility.
(9) You are solely responsible for any decisions you make based on the information obtained from Codility.
(10) You acknowledge that testing is a statistical process with inherent randomness and that the result of any particular test may not accurately reflect the reality.
(11) We reserve the right to disable (some or all of) the functionalities of Codility for any account at any time, without notice, without liability to you or any third party.
(12) If you have comments on Codility, or ideas on how to improve it, please contact us. Please note that by doing so, you also grant us the right to use and incorporate your ideas or comments into Codility without further compensation. If you do not agree to this policy then please do not send us your ideas, comments and suggestions, by email or otherwise.
(13) You grant Codility permission to advertise the fact that you and/or your company uses and/or purchases Codility services. You retain the right to withdraw this permission at any time by e-mailing the withdrawal request to support(at)codility.com
(13a) You are responsible for notifying Codility if you are a non-UK business using Codility in UK, so that Codiliy collect the correct amount of VAT on services sold to you.
(14) Codility IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITH NO WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER. Codility DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES REGARDING THE SECURITY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICE.
(15) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO ANYBODY ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR USE OR MISUSE OF Codility. SUCH LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO PREVENT RECOVERY OF DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, AND PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHETHER SUCH CLAIM IS BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES). SUCH LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE FROM USE OR MISUSE OF AND RELIANCE ON Codility, FROM INABILITY TO USE Codility, OR FROM THE INTERRUPTION, SUSPENSION, OR TERMINATION OF CODILITY SERVICE (INCLUDING SUCH DAMAGES INCURRED BY THIRD PARTIES). SUCH LIMITATION SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING A FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. YOUR ONLY RIGHT WITH RESPECT TO ANY DISSATISFACTION WITH Codility SHALL BE TO TERMINATE USE OF Codility. Some countries do not allow the exclusion or limitation of damages in which case any liability for damages and cost shall be limited to EURO 100,-.
Codility Programmer Terms of Service
This is an important document. If you do not agree to these Terms of Service, please do not access or use the Service.
1. Welcome to Codility!
1.1. Codility provides a programmer technical programming assessment service available at codility.com, and other Codility co-branded websites, that allow you to undertake technical recruitment assessments for potential employers, self certification assessments or training (the “Service”).
1.2. The Service is provided to you by Codility Limited(“Codility”, “we”, “our” or “us”).
2. Your relationship with us
2.1. This document and any documents referred to within it (collectively, the “Terms of Service”) explain the terms of your relationship with us. It is important that you read and understand these Terms of Service before using the Service. If there is anything within them that you do not understand, then please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss what this means for you.
2.2. By using and accessing the Service you agree to these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to these Terms of Service, please do not access or use the Service.
3. Information about us
3.1. Codility Limited is incorporated and registered in England and Wales under company number 07048726. Our registered office is at 107 Cheapside. Our VAT number is GB981191408.
4. Information about you
4.2. If you have any concerns or comments about any personal data available on the Service, please contact us at support(at)codility.com
5. Your right to use the Service
5.1. You are permitted to access and use the Service in order to undertake an assessment for an employer, undertake a certification assessment or to use any other feature we make available to programmers.
5.2. Your right to use the Service is personal to you. Your right to use the Service does not stop us from giving other people the right to use the Service.
5.3. Please note that the materials and content comprising the Service either belong to or are licensed to us and we give you permission to use these materials and content for the sole purpose of using the Service in accordance with these Terms of Service.
6. Your content
6.1. You confirm that code, text and other data or information that you submit or create ("User Content") whilst using the Service will meet the Rules of Acceptable Use (see clause 7).
6.2. You grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free and perpetual licence to use, copy, reproduce, distribute, adapt, re-format, modify, publish, translate, licence, sub-licence, assign, transfer and exploit the User Content anywhere and in any form for the purposes of providing our Service or for any purpose in connection with the operation of our business.
6.4. We do not check or moderate any User Content before it is added to the Service by users. We may later check, moderate, reject, refuse or delete any User Content if anybody objects to it, or we think that it breaks any of the Rules of Acceptable Use.
7. Rules of Acceptable Use
7.1. In addition to the other requirements within these Terms of Service, this section describes specific rules that apply to your use of the Service (the "Rules of Acceptable Use").
7.2. When using the Service you must not:
(a) give any false or misleading information in your personal details;
(b) use any code other than your own code when undertaking assessments or any tasks on the Service;
(c) permit another person to use the Service under your name or on your behalf;
(d) use the Service if we have suspended or banned you from using it;
(e) modify, interfere, intercept, disrupt or hack the Service, or;
(f) misuse the Service by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which would harm the Service or any user of the Service's own equipment;
7.3. Failure to comply with Rules of Acceptable Use constitutes a serious breach of these Terms of Service, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
(a) immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Service; or
(b) informing your test sponsor.
7.4. The responses described in clause 7.3 are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
8. Ending our relationship
8.1. If at any time you do not feel that you can agree to these Terms of Service or to any changes made to the Terms of Service or the Service which we have made public, you must immediately stop using the Service.
8.2. We may immediately end your use of the Service if you break the Rules of Acceptable Use, any other important rule(s), or terms and conditions we set for accessing and using the Service including these Terms of Service.
8.3. If you or we end your use of the Service or we withdraw the Service as described in this section, we may delete or modify your User Content, or any other information we hold about you. You may also lose any rights you have to use the Service or access our content or your User Content. We will not offer you compensation for any losses.
9. Our liability and our responsibility to you
9.1. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the Internet and technology, the Service is provided on an "as available" and "as is" basis. This means that we are unable to promise that your use of the Service will be uninterrupted, without delays, error-free or always meet all of your expectations and we do not give any commitment relating to the performance or availability of the Service in these Terms of Service and, to the extent we are able to do so, we exclude any commitments that may be implied by law. Likewise, we cannot promise the accuracy, currency, availability, correctness and completeness of the information contained on the Service (although we make all reasonable efforts to achieve this).
9.2. You are responsible for your use of the Service.
9.3. As we provide the service for free or as a result of a request from your test sponsor, we are not responsible in any way for loss or damage you suffer that is a result of our breach of these Terms or our negligence.
9.4. We do not exclude or limit our liability for: death or personal injury caused by our negligence; or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
10. Resolving disputes
10.1. Should you be unsatisfied with our Service, then please feel free to contact us at support(at)codility.com first so that we can resolve the dispute together informally.
11.1. We intend to rely on these Terms of Service as setting out the written terms of our agreement with you for the provision of the Service. If part of these Terms of Service cannot be enforced then the remainder of these Terms of Service will still apply to our relationship.
11.2. If you do not comply with these Terms of Service and we do not take action immediately, this does not mean we have given up any right we have and we may still take action in the future.
11.3. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
11.4. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms of Service to another organisation, and we will do our best to notify you if this happens, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under the Terms of Service.
12.1. English law will apply to all disputes and the interpretation of these Terms of Service. The English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising from or related to your use of the Service.
13. Contact, feedback and complaints
13.1. If you want to contact us in relation to these Terms of Service or any other document mentioned in them, please email us at support(at)codility.com
13.2. We value hearing from our users, and are always interested in learning about ways we can improve the Service. By providing your feedback you agree that you are giving up any rights you have in your feedback so that we may use and allow others to use it without any restriction and, except if we agree otherwise, without any payment to you.
We hope you enjoy our service and are always open for your questions and critique!